Governance of the Mission is with the Governing Body chaired by the Minister for Local Self-Government, Government of Kerala. Principal Secretary, Department of Local Self-Government is the vice chairperson and the Executive Director of Kudumbashree Mission is its convenor. The Governing Body has representatives of the three layers of PRIs, different government departments, the State Planning Board, State Women’s Commission, and NABARD as members.
The Governing Body is concerned with the policy formulation and review of Kudumbashree. Executive Committee, under the overall policy framework provided by the Governing Body looks after scheme formulation and execution. Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Mission. The District Missions are responsible for the implementation of the Mission's programmes within their respective districts.
Members of the Governing Body
- Minister for Local Self-Government, Government of Kerala – Chairperson
- Principal Secretary, Department of Local Self-Government – Vice Chairperson
- Representatives of mayors, municipal chairpersons, District Panchayat presidents, Block Panchayat presidents, Gram Panchayat presidents, District Collectors.
- Secretaries to Government of Kerala, Finance, Local Self-Government, Social Welfare, SC and ST Welfare, Health and Family Welfare, General Education
- Directors of Panchayat and Urban Affairs
- Member Secretary, State Planning Board
- Chief General Manager, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Chairperson, State Women’s Commission
- Two nominees of the State government
There is an Executive Committee to oversee the Mission’s administration. The Principal Secretary, Department of Local Self-Government is its chairperson and the Executive Director of Kudumbashree Mission is its convenor. The Executive Committee, unlike the Governing Body, consists mainly of officers.
Members of the Executive Committee
- Principal Secretary, Department of Local Self-Government – Chairperson
- Director of Panchayats
- Representative of the Department of Finance
- Director, Urban Affairs
- Commissioner for Rural Development
- Nominee of the State government
- Executive Director, Kudumbashree – Convenor
The Mission Structure
The Mission structure consists of the State Mission and 14 District Missions. The State Mission is structured into three divisions – Systems Support, Organisation and Social Development, and Livelihood Development.
District Mission Coordinators head the District Missions; there are Assistant Mission Coordinators under them looking after different thematic areas.